7th - 12th Grade Concert Band
- Fall and Spring semesters
- Free for all students
- Meets during 1st period (7th and 8th grade students take a bus back to the Middle School for 2nd period)
- Three after-school concerts (December, March, & May)
- Participation in pep band (playing in the stands at football and basketball games) is optional, for middle school students
- Participation in marching band (August - October) is optional, for all students
- Students have the opportunity to perform at other events and with honor bands throughout the year
Can I participate in sports and band?
Yes. Most band students are also on a sports team. If you participate in sports, you can be excused from band performances that conflict with the sports schedule.
Do I have to buy my own instrument to be in band?
No. You have the option to buy or rent your own instrument, but you may also use a school-owned instrument for free.
Do I already need to know how to play an instrument?
No. We will teach you everything you need to know about reading music and playing an instrument.
Does it cost money to be in band?
Band is free for all students!
I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AT FOOTBALL GAMES OR GO TO MARCHING COMPETITIONS, CAN I STILL BE IN CONCERT BAND?
Yes. Students do not need to participate in pep band or marching band.
There are a lot of events on the calendar, do I have to go to all of them?
No. For middle school students (7th and 8th grade), you only need to attend the December, March, and May concerts, and high school graduation; all other events are optional.