Homedale 7th & 8th Grade Band
- Fall and Spring semesters
- Free for all students
- Meets four times a week during 1st period (with the high school band)
- Three after-school concerts (December 8, March 23, May 11)
- Participation in pep band (playing in the stands at football and basketball games) is optional, for middle school students
- Participation in marching band (August - October) is optional, for middle school students
- Students have the opportunity to perform at other events throughout the year
Can I participate in sports and band?
Yes. Most band students are also on a sports team. If you participate in sports, you can be excused from band performances that conflict with the sports schedule.
Do I have to buy my own instrument to be in band?
No. You have the option to buy or rent your own instrument, but you may also use a school-owned instrument for free.
Do I already need to know how to play an instrument?
No. We will teach you everything you need to know about reading music and playing an instrument.
Does it cost money to be in band?
Band is free for all students!
I don't want to play at football games or go to marching competitions, can I still be in the class?
Yes. As a middle school student, you do not need to participate in pep band or marching band.
There are a lot of events on the calendar, do I have to go to all of them?
No. As a middle school student, you only need to attend the holiday concert, spring concert, pops concert, and high school graduation. All other events are optional for 7th and 8th grade students.